Thursday, July 9, 2009

Cooking in Mexico with Chef Ana Garcia & Chef Mark Smith

About 4 years ago I had an awesome culinary experience. It was the most educational & enlightening adventure that I have undertaken. A 7 night 8 day cooking class in Oaxaca Mexico. Talk about increasing my respect for the cuisine that I cook on a daily basis. Watching masters do what me & my staff humbly try to duplicate on a daily basis, was mind boggling. I said as I was flying back to the states, one day I'm going to take a group of friends from the restaurant to Mexico with me so that they may get a chance to experience Mexican culinary intensity at it's source.

Well, the time has come. La Villa Bonita & Chef Ana Garcia have agreed to host & cook with me. We have put together a 8 day 7 night package from Nov 5 to Nov 13 at their specially designed hotel & cooking school in the beautiful mountain village of Tepoztlan, Morelos, Mexico. We will be working with masa, moles & local ingredients for an adventure unlike any that you will experience. The special price is $1450/ person for double occupancy & this includes breakfast & lunch daily with an option for dinner available if you're hungry after cooking all day. We can also decide on side trips & tours of the area as we get together the group. Please contact me at chefmark@thetortillapress.com to sign up or for questions.

1 comment:

  1. Damn-wish we could go with you! Not the season of our lives where we can do this yet...I have been interested in the "real" Mexican cusine for years, and aside from your amazing place, find it hard to get anything but traditional Tex Mex here. Have an awesome Cookbook of Mexico (gift from John)that I sometimes experiment with...there is so much to learn! I've never taken the umpteen hours it takes to make a real mole, LOL!

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete